Thursday, June 2, 2011

Szolnok


Our speaking assignment for May was in Szolnok. One of my favorite missionaries is serving in Szolnok. This is him with his companion. Elder Wanlass and Elder Vandermark - He was in Buda when I first came here, but he was transferred to Szolnok. It was fun to see him. In April when we spoke in Papa, I thought the members seemed so bored. So this time when I spoke I showed them pictures. My topic was Joseph Smith. I showed them pictures of when Marty and Braedon went to New York. They were standing in front of the Joseph Smith home. I also showed Braedon trying to lift a huge rock on the Hill Cumorah ( like he was looking for the Gold Plates) My sister, Terry, sent pictures of her boys in the Sacred Grove and climbing over the fence on the Joseph Smith property. So all these pictures worked perfectly with my talk. The people really seemed to enjoy seeing the pictures. I may do it again when we go to another small branch. I told Elder Wanlass I wanted a picture of him in front of the church. I asked him where the name of the church was so we could take it there. I don't know if you can see it but the name is litterally a piece of laminated paper nailed to the wall over the door. It sure makes you appreciate what we have in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment