Saturday, February 19, 2011

MTC - Here I come


I left Friday afternoon for SLC. It was an eventful day. It started with have too many things to fit in my suitcases. When Jana arrived to take me to the airport, I told her both suitcases were already at 50 lbs and I still had a big pile of stuff to pack. She said "Well you're just going to have to pay the overweight charges." and she started smashing it all in. When I finally got to the airport, I found out one suitcase weighed 70 lbs - $50 charge - oh well.

Once I got to security I found I was randomly selected for a full-scan by one of the security ladies. While she was doing that someone else told me my carry-on was also going to be searched. PERFECT - Then my flight was an hour late. Once we got on the plane we were told there was problem with the plane and we needed to wait for a maintenance guy to check it out. Finally we get to leave - THEN I arrive in Las Vegas ( lay over to SLC) and I find out that plane is 2 HOURS late. Hooray!!! Poor Megan is left waiting for me in SLC for 3 hours. She was nice about it though- no complaining. She even took me to IN N OUT for dinner.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you told me on Wednesday that you had sooo much room in your suitcase. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that stinks that you had to wait do long. DId Megan help you lose 20 lbs?
    I miss you already, sorry I missed your call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Kerry - you're right. I did think I had lots of room for everything. But obviously I was wrong.
    Megan did help me get rid of some stuff. Not sure if it will add up to 20 lbs. Yesterday my aunt called me and said - Don't worry if you have too much stuff. I have plenty of room. Then she called again about an hour later and said never mind. I just weighed my suitcases and I'm 12 lbs over. So both of us are trying to get rid of some things. I'll let you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete